If you are a regular Internet user or a webmaster and blogger then you have Many websites will have seen such, whose table of is given before the content. Using which readers can easily read all blog posts by browsing.
To use the Table of SEO benefits Are also. You must have seen the table of contents of Wikipedia, using which you can browse a long and long Wikipedia article very easily.
Today we will know in this article that if you too Is a blogger whose blog or website is wordpress But the app is just a few How to automatically add Table of to any post or page of your blog in minutes.
As you all would know, we have to use any new feature related to WordPress to add any new feature. Even today, we are going to use only a plugin to use the feature of Table of .
How to add Table of in WordPress?
Click on this link and install and activate this plugin: Table of Plugin – WordPress Plugin
In this regard, you can read our article below, if you are not yet on WordPress:
Once you install this plugin and activate it, then go to the settings of this plugin. (WordPress Dashboard> Settings> TOC +)
A page will open in front of you like the screenshot shown below.
Before we start using this plugin. Let me tell you This plugin automatically creates the Table of on any blog post or page and displays your readers wherever you want.
But for this in your blog posts or pages headings (H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6) must be used. Because by using these headings, this plugin is automatically created by creating Table of .
Now we have to do some settings.
1. The first option is position That you have to set Where do you want the Table of to be displayed.
You can see that I have set it before First Heading ie before the first heading.
2. By the way, you can use this plugin in any post or page you want, but for that you shortcode in that page or post will have to be added. But if you If you want to insert this plugin automatically in all posts or pages, then you have to tick tick in the second option, page for this..
3. After that Heading text There is an option of, in which you must first choose whether you want to show the title or not. If yes, by ticking you have to write the title like I wrote, – .
4. You give the user your table of contents show and hide toggle With the help of, you can also give the option of doing it and you can also set the text for it, as you will be able to see, I have also set custom text in the screenshot above.
Apart from all these, you also have the option to hide the initial table of contents.
5. Show hierarchy – If you want to give hierarchy look to your list of table of contents, then enable this option.
6. Smooth Scrolling Effect – Whenever the reader clicks on any link in your table of contents, then by enabling this option, the linked content will come with a very smooth scrolling effect.
7. Appearance Settings – You can also do some appearance customizations. And can also choose from some prefixed designs given.
By default settings will be enough for most people, but if you want to do more customizations beyond this limit then after this you have a There is also an option of advanced settings, which you can do according to the theme of your blog.
After doing all the settings, Update Options Don't forget to click on it.
I hope that by following the steps given above, you can easily add the Table of to your WordPress blog or website. What is shown below on a post by ShoutMeHindi automatically created by this plugin?
If you liked this post of mine, then share it with more people. If you have any question related to adding Table of to your blog or website, then ask us through comments.