Hello, if you have been blogging for some time or are running a website, then you will be aware that a factor of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also the loading time of your blog or website. If you did not know then you would have found out.
Now loading time of your blog or website depends on many more things. Now what are these things?
The platform of your blog, the theme of the blog, the navigation system of the blog, the size of the content, the media added with the content which includes images and videos and some other important factors, your web hosting, your domain name registrar etc.
But one of the most important factor in all of these is media content, that is, images used in a blog post or page. We all know that it takes a lot of time to load images from the content because the size of the images is large and if the same images are in high definition, then each image takes a long time to load. But even if we do not keep these images with our content, then it will have a negative effect in SEO.
So now what is the solution? There should be some solution so that we can maintain the quality of our images and also reduce their loading time. Can it be done?
Yes, of course. If you are the owner of a WordPress blog, then you can do this at all and that too automatically by just using a plugin, which we are going to know about in this blog post today. The name of that plugin is WP Smush WordPress Plugin.
WP Smush WordPress Plugin How to reduce the size of images?
So let's know how to reduce the size of your blog's images with the help of this plugin. This whole procedure is explained step by step below:
1. First of all, install this plugin in your WordPress blog or website by searching WP Smush in the official directory of WordPress.
2. When you have installed, you have completed half the work of improving the loading time of your blog because by default automatic smushing is done when you activate the plugin. The WP Smush plugin compresses your images automatically, but also takes care that the quality of your images is also maintained. This is called smushing.
3. Now whenever you upload images from any wordpress blog post or page or direct media page, it will automatically smush the size of your images, ie it will reduce. We have also illustrated an example of this in a screenshot below.
4. Now if you have just installed WP Smush Plugin on your blog and then there will be many images in your blog which will need to be reduced in size. So let's now know how they can do it.
5. Simply, you have to click on the button of Bulk Smush Now, by going to the setting of your WP Smush Plugin as you can see in the screenshot shown above.
So in this way WP Smush Plugin reduces the size of images of your blog to a great extent and improves the loading time of your blog. Through which you directly take another step towards the good SEO of your blog.
Where to host your blog images?
If you have any question, then do share with us through comments. Thank you for reading this blog post. Hope you find this information beneficial. If engaged, please share and do not forget to subscribe to us.